Pages

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Habemus Papam!


I left a meeting today, fully aware that I was going to still be in the car when we saw smoke. I assumed it'd be black, and so I took the time to go to Dunkin Donuts because I wouldn't make it back anyway.

But, just in case, I streamed EWTN on my phone to listen and wait. Then, a few minutes after 2, I heard them say smoke. I was at a stoplight (I promise) and so I watched the smoke. They said it was black, I could see it was white. I started driving, and they figured it out.

I yelled, I freaked out. I cried. I yelled some more. I didn't know what to do.

When I got back to work, I watched with the little kids from the school who I watch once a week after school as they brought him out, they announced a new Pope. I didn't know him, but then we saw him for the first time, and we listened.

Needless to say, I was blown away. A few things stuck out to me today:

This man is amazingly humble.

The time for a massive crowd in Rome to silently pray for our new shepherd was one of the most profound things I've ever experienced.

The Church is alive, She is doing just fine.

I've never been happier to be Catholic.


Pope Francis. It couldn't be more perfect. A humble leader called to rebuild the Church. We have him. We trust in his guidance, and the wisdom of the Spirit.

The Church lives on with the grace and strength of our Lord. We push forward to evangelize the whole Lord through our new humble leader. The world thought we'd pick a strong CEO. Instead we picked a humble man who loves the Lord so deeply that you can't not notice it.

I can't wait to let this man lead our Church through the Holy Spirit. Praise God.

AMDG

No comments:

Post a Comment