Pages

Thursday, March 13, 2014

Changes

I find that writing is something I really enjoy. Over the last year and a half, I have really enjoyed writing this blog on my life and Catholic faith. Because I enjoyed it so much at first, I bought this URL a year ago (which you somehow found to get here) in order to make my writing easier to find and seem a little bit more official. I have had a wonderful time writing about the Catholic faith, life, and about the culture as I have experienced them, because these are things I'm very passionate about.

What is happening now, though, is a transition. As of Saturday, jasonjtheobald.com will no longer be mine. I will still probably write here occasionally, for the time being, but you will have to go to the annoyingly long and hard to remember URL of ignitethedarkandliveitup.blogspot.com to find it. I appreciate all of you who have consistently read what I've written, even though at times it has been less than superb and once or twice hastily thrown together.



The reason for this transition is a new project I'm starting. Together with a few of my friends, I am starting a blog which is going to focus less on defining the faith (for there are many blogs out there doing this much better than I am) and more on experiencing culture and writing about it as we do. I can't give you much more than that yet, because the project is taking some time to have ready, but be assured that I will share with the world via Twitter, Facebook, and this blog all of the details when I can. What I can say is this: we are hoping to start a conversation about the art and experiences of our modern world, believing that through this conversation we can positively impact our culture and our world.

As for personal writing, I'll probably keep doing that somewhere, but I'm not sure exactly where at the moment. I'll keep writing for ignitumtoday.com each month, and may occasionally pop-up elsewhere (here's looking at you, Lighthouse Catholic Youth). If you're looking to learn more about the faith, go check out my friends at Reverb Culture, who have begun a movement to live a dynamic orthodoxy based around the Catechism of the Catholic Church and have some real good content up on their site.

For now, God bless you for taking the time to read ramblings about my life you probably already knew before reading this because I think only my parents (love you guys) and a few of my close friends actually read this stuff, but I appreciate you taking the time anyways.

Remember always that there is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out all fear, and live in that Truth each and every day. I'll see you all very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment